Monday, October 27, 2008

Provision


Provision Painting by Jennifer Jones

What is Gods provision and what does that look like?

That was the question upon my heart as I sought the Lords heart for this piece. Soon after I began this seeking process “I thought” I had exactly what provision should “look”like. It had specific dimensions and colors lots of scriptural meaning. It had it all, I thought. When I sat down to begin to paint all I could paint was the background. I felt the Lord stop me and I really did not know why. I simply knew I couldn’t paint any more without taking time to sit with the Lord and seek His heart. It seemed that the “plan” had changed. That week we were discussing the names of God in our groups. As we shared that night Moses and Abrahams experiences with the Lord were highlighted to me. I began to sense that what those two men experienced was the picture of provision that I was to paint. The Lord revealing His name, His character in that burning bush that didn’t burn up in the fire. The ram caught in the bush when Abraham was ready to sacrifice his own son. I began to paint. Flames of glory began to blaze around the green leaves of this bush. As I painted the image of a dove began to become apparent above the bush and I began to pull it out with definition and in the background I could see a horn shape and recognized it as a horn of plenty. On the edges of the window as you peer into this piece there is a long “drip” of a rich red paint going down the outline of the window representing the ultimate provision for our sins, Christ’s blood. Provision doesn’t always look like we “think” it is suppose to look like, but God is always faithful He will provide if we will seek.

No comments: